To make sure this winter your immune system is working at its best..
- Nourish your body with Vitamin D. Research has shown that susceptibility to catching colds/flu may be a result of vitamin D deficiency.
- Avoid sugar. Sugar suppresses your immune system.
- Get enough sleep. Your immune system will be at a greater risk of viral or bacterial take over if you are deprived of sleep.
- Manage your emotional stress. Mastering ways to deal with your everyday stressors and reactions to circumstances beyond your control will contribute to an irrepressible immune system.
- Exercise regularly. There is evidence that regular exercise boosts your body’s immune response.